Foreign Exchange Market Daily Update

The US dollar remained weak against a basket of currencies after meager US data were released today. US economic growth was unrevised at an annual pace of 0.6 % in the 4th quarter which was weaker than the forecasted 0.7 % due to subsiding home sales and slumping inventories. GDP grew 2.2 % for all of 2007, which was the slowest since 2002. Furthermore, US workers applying for unemployment benefits rose 19,000 last week, which increased to a seasonally adjusted 373,000 in the week ending February 23rd. Investors point to the GDP and jobless claims data as further evidence that the US is falling into recession.

The Euro continued to strengthen against the dollar with signs of a weakening US labor market pointing to further rate cuts by the Fed. Analysts forecast euro momentum to continue unless weak Euro-Zone data is reported.

The British sterling remained steady against the dollar. Sterling gains were capped with ongoing concerns over UK banking sectors. Royal Bank of Scotland posted in-line earnings and raised its dividend, but also raised its writedowns on assets to GBP 2.13 billion (approximately $4.2 billion). Central bank deputy governor John Gieve indicated that the development of inflation will be the key driver to whether the BoE would be cutting rates.

The Japanese yen strengthened against the dollar after meek US data was reported. Bank of Japan board member Atsushi Mizuno expressed concern about the side effects than the merits of any interest rate cuts, and speculated that bringing Japan’s low rates to normal levels would be necessary in the long run.

The Canadian dollar strengthened against the US dollar after weak US data was reported. Furthermore, crude oil and gold traded near record levels. Commodities account for nearly half of Canada’s exports.

The Australian and New Zealand dollars continued to trade at record highs against the US dollar. With weak GDP and increase in jobless claims in the US, the greenback continues to weaken against the Aussie and the kiwi.

Union Bank of California
The Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi Group

5 comments (click to leave a comment):

Anonymous said...

how to get facebook likes increase facebook fans get facebook likes 1000 facebook like increase ways to get more facebook likes
buy facebook fan how to get facebook fans fast
1000 facebook likes buy facebook likes [url=http://1000fbfans.info]ways to get more facebook likes [/url]

Anonymous said...

unlock iphone 4
how to unlock iphone 4

I have two computers that I'm now having problems with. yesterday, my first computer shut down and said "RPC has been terminated". everytime I restart that computer, it gives me another 1:00 minute shut down warning. I know I need to change the settings of the RPC, but it shuts down before I can ever get to it. is there another way to fix this? The second computer messed up today. I was researching how to fix the other RPC problem and my computer shut down. when it rebooted, I now have "Internet security 2010" installed and I can't delete it. I had a similiar virus before and was able to manually delete the virus, but this one won't let me open task manager or the registry to delete it. it's even taken over my Internet and won't let me on. so I'm stuck trying to research problems on my iPhone. I read somewhere that if you can't get task manager to open that you need to wipe out your hard drive. I am wanting to do this but I can't find my reinstallation CD for this computer which is an emachines. however, I have the installation cd for the other computer with the RPC problem, but that computer is a Dell. can I install a Dell operating system on my emachines? they're both windows XP.
unlock iphone 4 unlock iphone 4 unlock iphone 4
Im using my iPod right now to type all of this at the moment. Anyways, my computer needs a password. So I enter the password, it says connected. Then the computer tries to connect, but it doesn't, and I have to re enter a password. Problem is Idk the password. Im afraid to ask my dad because if its a virus, he'll kill me. But, any help? Thx. how to unlock iphone 4

unlock iphone 4 how to unlock iphone 4 [url=http://theunlockiphone4.com]unlock iphone 4 [/url] unlock iphone 4

Anonymous said...

unlock iphone 4
how to unlock iphone 4


unlock iphone 4 unlock iphone 4 how to unlock iphone 4
unlock iphone 4

unlock iphone 4 how to unlock iphone 4 [url=http://theunlockiphone4.com]unlock iphone 4 [/url] unlock iphone 4

Anonymous said...

i recently downloaded warcraft II from war2combat then got told that i shouldnt trust it because it's a virus site. i googled it and no one had complaints about it, so i'm asking does it have viruses?
[url=http://e-unlockiphone.com/can-you-unlock-iphone]Can You Unlock iPhone[/url]
[url=http://e-unlockiphone.com/how-to-unlock-iphone]How To Unlock iPhone[/url]
[url=http://e-unlockiphone.com/unlock-iphone-3g]Unlock iPhone 3G[/url]
[url=http://e-unlockiphone.com/unlock-iphone]Unlock iphone[/url]
[url=http://e-unlockiphone.com/iphone-unlock]iPhone Unlock[/url]
[url=http://e-unlockiphone.com/unlock-iphone-3gs]Unlock iPhone 3GS[/url]

Anonymous said...

Through which Unlock iPhone Technique is Good for you Unlock iPhone Even so there are a lot mobile phones inside of the society which are often since well liked and effectively called the Apple iPhone.Any issue til you have the plan when using standard insurers connected with i-phones, you're form of destined if you wish to employ a iphone 4g and it is precisely exactly what the majority of folks take into consideration.In actual fact you can actually Uncover i-phones regardless of who your backpack is usually.The key Unlock iPhone personal preference you may have may just be the How to do system along with the take action your self means.
[url=http://aplababir76.posterous.com]how do you unlock an iphone 3g[/url]
[url=http://bude1978.livejournal.com/]how to unlock my iphone[/url]
[url=http://howtounlockaiphone31.pbworks.com/]how to unlock iphone 4g[/url]

 
Designed by Softors Web Development. Script by Wordpress